The quality of your cosmetic brushes has a massive impact on how you apply your makeup, BUT what most people forget is that it’s equally as important to keep them clean! It not only helps to make them last longer, but also gives much better application. Not only this, but it stops the build up of bacteria that can lead to breakouts! 🙉
This is how I clean my brushes and beauty blenders. It’s the best thing I’ve used so far, and leaves your brushes silky, shiny and smelling amazing! 🙌🏼
All you need are 3 things :
- Coconut oil 🌴
- Washing up liquid💪🏼
- First put 3tsp of coconut oil and 250ml water in a bowl, with a large squeeze of washing up liquid
- Place the bowl in a microwave for 50 seconds until the coconut oil has melted
- Once you have a liquid substance, your ready to go!
- Swirl the brush in the mixture until it forms a soapy lather
- Once you feel like all the dirt and oil has been released, rinse the head of the brush under lukewarm water
- Squeeze out the excess water
- Use a cloth/towel to dry the bristles, making sure to reshape the brush as you go
- Keep your brushes lying flat in order to dry. For the best outcome, leave overnight!
Love, Anna x
Don’t forget to have a look at my Instagram – @annahammersley