Nothing seedy about this recipe, in fact it’s really quite easy peassssy!
Ever since I was little I feel like granola has always been a mystery. Ok, sounds bizarre I know. BUT, on the one hand it’s shown as a health food, whereas on the other it’s the sugar filled enemy?
So, to avoid any unwanted confusion or stress, I decided to quite simply make my own. Using quite simply, the most simple ingredients. Shall I say simple again? No? Ok… Moving on. As I am all about getting protein in EVERY concoction, I thought why not get some cheeky protein powder involved!
So, here is my Cacao Seedy Protein Granola recipe! Hope you enjoy!
Per serving – 168 kcals, 19g carbs, 6g fat, 9g protein
- 200g rolled oats
- 40g MyProtein Soy chocolate protein powder (you can use normal protein powder!)
- 2tbsp melted coconut oil
- 30g agave nectar
- 20g cacao nibs
- 20g mixed seeds
- 150ml water
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Combine together the oats, and protein powder
- In a microwaveable dish, melt your coconut oil for 30 – 45 seconds
- Add the coconut oil, water and agave nectar to your dry ingredients and mix together. You want it to be like a wet muesli texture!
- Tip the granola onto two baking sheets and spread equally.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Here mix in your cacao nibs and mixed seeds, and continue to bake for a further 10- 15 minutes!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool!
- NOW ENJOOOY. I love it with some yoghurt, frozen yoghurt or just some milk!
Additional add ins could also be nuts, chocolate chips, mini marshmellows, dried fruits etc!
Lots of love,
Keep up to date with me
Fitty Foodie Instagram – @ajhfitness
Personal Instagram – @annahammersley
Twitter – @annahammersley