It’s officially my last day at home before heading back to uni for my final semester of year one. So, I thought I would make the most of a clean kitchen and copious amount of food, and do some baking. I have a MASSIVE sweet tooth, and am always looking for ways to recreate my favourite ‘norty’ treats, but through using clean and raw ingredients!
At only 119 calories a slice with 6g protein, these brownies are exactly what I was aiming for. They have the same fudgy taste as normal brownies, but with less than half the amount of fats and carbohydrates. PLUS, they have 3/4 less sugar than Betty Crockers choccie brownies! Here’s how you can make your own guilt free, lean brownies.
- Calories 119
- Total Fat 7.2
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 6g
- 1 medium egg
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 60g protein powder – chocolate or vanilla
- 80g dark chocolate 90%
- 20g rolled oats
- 40g cocoa powder
- 40g applesauce (or mashed banana)
- 1 banana
- 6oz unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place oats, cocoa powder and protein in a blender and blend for a minute or until they resemble the consistency of flour. Put the mixture into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your egg, honey, applesauce, vanilla essence and almond milk. Add this to your dry ingredients and mix together till combined.
- In a microwaveable safe bowl, heat your coconut oil and dark chocolate for 30 – 45 seconds. Slowly stir this into your brownie batter.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and top with sliced banana! You can use any type of toppings such as nuts, dried fruit and chocolate drops.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until just cooked through. Make sure to cool completely on a wire rack
- Once cool, cut into 12 servings. These should be kept in a fridge, as are best eaten cool or heated up with greek yoghurt/froyo!
NOTES – I used the PHD Diet Whey powder in the flavour Belgian chocolate! However, any type of protein powder would be good!
Hope you enjoy this hehe,
Love Anna xxx
- INSTAGRAM – @annahammersley
- FITNESS INSTAGRAM – @ajhfitness
- TWITTER – @annahammersley