This week I’m coming at you with a pretty non deep post on ‘gym etiquette’. Fancy, I know. But, in all seriousness, I was hit with the sudden urge to write about this after a painful experience in my own gym where an elderly woman, bless her soul, decided to watch me intently on the leg press for 3 sets until I was finished. I didn’t know whether to cry or just feel flattered. Now, obviously every gym’s different, but you might be able to relate to me! Regardless of whether you’re new to the gym, or just questioning why everyone seems to avoid you the minute you jump on the treadmill, I hope you find this lighthearted and entertaining!
Here we go…
- Ask someone how many sets they have left, when they tell you, do not stand there and watch them. Go rehydrate, grab some water or something… seriously. Or if you must… get on tinder, turn the distance right down and find yourself a gym date. Just don’t stand there and stare, its very off putting!
- Wipe down your equipment!!! OH MY LORD DON’T EVEN GET ME STARTED. There is nothing worse than sitting down, pumped up and then feeling a wetness on your freshly cleaned yoga pants. I mean, REALLY? No one wants to walk round looking like they couldn’t get to the loo on time. Grab a towel, a tissue, even your own sock and just wipe it down!
- Please don’t make phone calls. I say please, but really I mean just bloody don’t. I have honestly witnessed a whole divorce within one 4o minute treadmill session. Not only was it distracting, but I could only hear one side of the story. To be honest, it left me wanting more.
- Put the equipment back por favorio. No one wants 68 year old Jean who’s just come to stretch out her legs to trip over your barbell.
- Use the B.O basher, but nothing too extreme. I’m pretty sure it’s not too much to ask people to just give themselves a cheeky spray of some Dove or Nivea deodrant. Let’s all play friendly now, we’re not trying to put others off. Same goes for extreme perfumes and colognes! When ya get a bit hot, it all goes from ‘David Beckham: Beyond’ to 4am sweaty sour pong, after a 24 hour techno rave.
To be honest, if you do end up doing some of this stuff, it’s not the end of the world. The whole gym may reject and hate you, but at least you’re making gains. AM I RIGHT? 😂😋🤔
Mwahah, speak soon lovers💘
Fitness & Food IG- @ajhfitness
Personal IG – @annahammersley
Snapchat & Twitter – annahammersley