This recipe is something a little different, with some unexpected ingredients! It’s totally dairy free, egg free… the whole malarky! I’m not vegan, but I like to keep away from dairy products and keep my meat intake relatively low. Both for health reasons, as well as ethical!
This recipe contains no raw ingredients, so can also be enjoyed as just the cookie dough mixture! I don’t know if it’s just me, but most of the time I prefer it uncooked…oops.
Let’s get going…
Serves – 14
Nutritional info per ball (without soy yoghurt icing) – 96 calories, 10g carbs, 5g protein & 3g fat
- 400g chickpeas
- 30g vanilla soy protein
- 85g porridge oats
- 150g apple sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 40g cacao nibs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2tbsp sweetener
- 1tsp vanilla extract
Lemon Yoghurt Icing
- 200g soy yoghurt
- Juice of two lemons & thin slices
- Dessicated coconut
- Pink sprinkles (If you want!)
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C
- In a blender, blend all the ingredients apart from the cacao nibs! You want to be using a good food processor if possible, however I do use my nutribullet!
- Mix in the cacao nibs, and either roll in to balls, or use a large spoon to place the dough onto an oiled tray! You could also use a cupcake tray if needs be!
- Pop in the oven and cook for 20 – 30 minutes
- Whilst you’re waiting for the protein balls to cook, in a small mixing bowl combine together the lemon juice, yoghurt and sprinkles. Other alternatives to mix with yoghurt could be protein powder, nuts, peanut butter or chia seeds!
- Once the protein balls are cooked, cool for 10 minutes and top with your yoghurt icing! I then sprinkle some dessicated coconut on top, slice a lemon and pop it on!.
ENJOOOOY THE GOOODNESSS
Lots of love,