Even though the British summer’s coming to a close, I personally think ice cream is an all year, 24/7 lifestyle choice 😂
No longer does ice cream have to be a ‘naughty treat’, but instead, guiltlessly indulge all ya senses and tastebuds! This is my Blueberry Ice Cream recipe, with a protein twist. This is pretty much the same as my chocolate protein ice cream, but slightly improved!
Serving size – 1
200 calories / 14g carbs / 6g fat / 23g protein!
- 25g chocolate protein powder
- 5g fair trade cacao powder
- 100g frozen blueberries
- 1/2tsp xanthan gum
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 5g dessicated coconut
- Chuck it all in a blender (I use a nutribullet) and whizzzzzzz.
- If you’re using xanthan gum, the mixture will expand and the sound of the smoothie maker blade may sound bizarre. It’s ok!
- Top with whatever ya like, I usually use frozen berries & dessicated coconut! Other toppings could be anything from cacao nibs and granola (https://annahammersley.com/2016/09/13/cacao-seedy-protein-granola/) to marshmallows and a mars bar! Anything goes really…
Woo, now time to apply the fake tan and imagine summer is still here…
Love Anna xxx