This month I’m all about transforming my favourite sweet treats into mean and clean guilt free oodles of deliciousness. Last week was my ‘Raw Mars Bars’, and this week it’s all about recreating the classic ‘Peanut Butter Cup’. Not only does it use raw ingredients, but also has a little protein touch.
I struggle to make sure I get enough healthy fats in my diet, so this recipe is great for that late night coco craving, and topping off your fat intake for the day. Fats are essential to healthy digestion and keeping bad cholesterol on the low. Not only this, but it promotes shiny hair and nail growth… bootyful.
Anyway, enough of the ramble and onto the recipe… Here we go:
85 calories / 3g carbs / 6g protein / 8g fat
For the base:
- 65g peanut butter (creamy) – I used the HI PRO Nutrition Smooth peanut butter (IG – @hipronutrition)
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder – I used @myproteinuk soy protein in vanilla
- 30g melted coconut oil – I either use Lucy bee coconut oil or Protein World
- 40g cacao powder
- 30g agave nectar / honey / fruit syrup
For the top layer:
- 65g peanut butter (creamy)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 25g melted coconut oil
- First, line a muffin tray with 12 cupcake cases. Spray each with coconut oil (not necessary if you do not have spray)
- Starting with the base, in a medium mixing bowl combine together your peanut butter, protein powder and coconut oil. Then, add in the melted coconut oil, cacao powder and agave nectar. You want it to be smooth!
- Divide the bottom layer mixture into the 12 cupcake cases, and set aside in the freezer until ready to top.
- For the top layer, combine together the peanut butter, protein powder and coconut oil, until smooth.
- Pour the top layer onto the bottom layer. If you want, sprinkle some desiccated coconut or desired toppings over the top!
- Place your peanut butter cups in the freezer, and leave until solid. You will want to keep the cups in the freezer, or else they will melt.
NOW ENJOY – They taste fab hehe.
Lots of love,
Fitness Instagram – @ajhfitness
Non Fittie Instagram – @annahammersley
Twitter / Snapchat – annahammersley