Upon moving into my 2nd year uni house in Leeds, my pals and I noticed that there was no microwave. Oh ma days. It’s like living in the 17th century. I joke, I joke. However, as students, we obviously would rather spend the dolla on beveragios. And so, the microwave issue was never resolved. SOOO, I got to grips with ye olde hob to cook my oats! And… I prefer it! In fact, when I came home for the weekend, I actually chose to make my porridge on ze hob.
Anywaaaay… I’ll stop saying hob now & give you the recipe! 🙂
Serving – 1
- 35g oats
- 25g protein powder (1 scoop) I use MyProtein Soy chocolate powder
- 3g coconut oil
- 2 X egg whites (or 1 egg)
- 300ml water, milk or both!
- Frozen berries
- Sunflower seeds
- Dessicated coconut
- Chia seeds
- Place the oats in a sauce pan with the coconut oil and egg whites, pour in your milk/water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Making sure to stir and not allow the porridge to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour into your serving bowl, add the scoop of protein powder and give it a stir!
- Add ze toppings! To thicken/bulk up porridge, I like to add Alpro soy yoghurt (250kcals/500g), courgetti, berries or more water/milk!
Nutritional info per serving (WITH egg whites & WITHOUT toppings)
- 290 calories
- 32g protein
- 23g carbs
- 7g fat
Enjoy! Let me know if you try it & if you have any oaty advice!
Lots of love,
Fitness Instagram – @ajhfitness
Non fitty IG – @annahammersley
Snapchat / twitter – annahammersley