Haaaapppyy weekend lovely people of the interweb,
As it’s possibly the busiest shopping weekend of the year – just before the best month ever… CHRISTMAAAAS! And, it’s the whole Black Friday, Cyber Weekend malarkey; leaving the house is like being an ant at a honey rave. People everywhere. So, it’s a chilled weekend for essays, gym and a little bit of baking. I’m 19 going on 79. Seriously. Anywhoo, any excuse for cake isn’t it?! Plus, the minute I see an overripe nana, that can only mean one thing. BANANA BREAD 🙌🏼
With this recipe, I wanted something a little less carb dense, SOOO, I have replaced flour with Myprotein Soy Vanilla powder and I think this does the job fabtastically. Woohoo. Success. Just means more banana bread on the lighter side of life! YAS.
HOW APPEEELIN’ (gettit????)
Makes 15 slices
Nutritional Info per slice
- 200g protein powder (I like to use vanilla or banana protein powder)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 35g melted coconut oil
- 20g honey
- 100ml unsweetened almond milk
- 5 bananas (mashed)
- Half a banana sliced for topping
- 20g flaked almonds for topping
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F) and grease one large loaf tin OR two small loaf tins with coconut oil. OR line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the protein powder, cinnamon and baking powder and set aside.
- On the hob, melt your coconut oil and honey. Add to dry mixture along with the mashed banana and almond milk.
- MIX MIX MIX.
- Pour your mixture into the prepared tins. Top with the sliced banana and sliced almonds! Poppy seeds and flaxseeds would also be a fab extra.
- Bake for about 45 – 60 minutes, or until inserted knife comes out clean!
- You could use banana protein powder (Myprotein do a whey banana powder!) AND, replace the bananas with pumpkin or butternut squash. However, you may want to add some sweetener!
Lots of love,
Anna xoxo 💕
Fitness Instagram – @ajhfitness
Non Fitty Instagram – @annahammersley
Twitter / Snapchat – annahammersley