Succulent crushed tomato and sausage sandwiches! (Like a healthy ketchup oooohhhhh… saucy)
‘Tis the season of sausages on the barbie, so how else can you squeeze the succulent Tesco Healthy Living British Cumberland Sausages into your day… How about a midday sausage sarnie?! Typically British, typically easy peasy and tastiliciously delicious!
Serves 1 – All for £5.00 (but there’s a lot of ingredients left over for seconds, thirds, fourths, fifths… you get the jist!)
Nutritional info per serving
- 2 x Tesco Healthy Living British Cumberland sausages (£1.50)
- 2 x Tesco Free From Sliced Seeded Bread (£2.00) – wholegrain foods are usually better for managing blood glucose levels because they have a lower glycaemic index!
- 100g Tesco Everyday Value Chopped Tomatoes (31p/400g)
- 1 tsp Tesco Olive Oil (£1.30)
- 1 tbsp Tesco Healthy Living Balsamic Dressing (£0.70/250ml)
- Mixed herbs
- Place the sausages on a greased tray and cook according to the instruction – making sure to turn them a few times whilst cooking. Then, once cooked slice in half lengthways!
- In another pan, heat up your oil, add your chopped tomatoes and cook gently
- Add the tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes. Meanwhile, toast up your slices of seedy bread!
- Once the tomato is cooked and the bread toasted, cover your toasty warm seedy slice with the chopped tomato. Then top with some spices or herbs for extra flavor!
- For a great source of healthy fats – I love to add some nuts! But if I’m keeping it low fat – a dollop of Tesco Healthy Living Natural Fromage Frais always does the trick!
- AND LASTTTTLY. ENJOY YA BANGERS.
Lots of love,