Spaghetti is easily one of the most popular meals on the planet, and in my opinion, one of Italy’s biggest gifts. Sounds extreme, but that’s how far I’m willing to go. It’s simple, convenient and quick to make – not to mention how cheaply it can be bought! Plus, it can be paired with just about any sauce to ever grace the pasta planet…
Working during the week I take pride in my weekend cooking time, and with the family busy, the kitchen is mine! Today I got deep into my Italian roots and made up a spicy chorizo and oregano dish using wholegrain spaghetti! So quick and easy to make, plus keeps you fuller for longer with all the fibre & nutrients your bod will love you for.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 2 people
Nutritional info per serving:
380 calories / 35g carbs / 14g fat / 17g protein
- 100g Dry Wholegrain Spaghetti
- 20 Slices/110g Chorizo
- 200g Diced Onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Chopped Spinach
- Pak Choi
- Oregano to garnish
- Rocket to garnish
- 1 tsp Olive Oil to cook in
- Cook your spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions, until tender. Drain and return pasta to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add in your garlic and onion and cook for 1 minute
- Add the sliced chorizo and chopped up veg – cook, stirring, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and stir through some a pinch of oregano spice. If you don’t have oregano, any other delish spice works well too!
- Serve up and enjoy!
You could always serve this up with king prawns, tuna, chicken breast or chopped up sausages. Or for a meat free option – Quorn meatballs, fried egg, lentils and chickpeas! Pretty much anything and everything.
If you do have a go at making a similar dish please tag me in any Instagram posts @ajhfitness as I’d love to get some new, fresh ideas for foodie creations!
All my love,